- From the A1 take the A684 signposted to Bedale.
- On arriving in Bedale, cross over the railway lines next to the station and proceed up the bank to the junction. Dog-leg straight over, following the B6268 signposted to Masham.
- Approximately 1 mile out of Bedale, take the left turn signposted to Snape.
- Go straight past Thorp Perrow arboretum, and approximately half a mile later, turn left into Snape, drive through the avenue of trees passing the castle on your left.
- Snape Castle Mews is the first turn in after the castle.